Welcome to a new and exciting school year! As we begin this journey together, I ask for your full support in educating your child. The faculty and staff of Belle Chasse Elementary School commits themselves to having high standards and rigorous instruction for all students. We work hard to provide a safe, supportive and disciplined learning environment where students can learn to become independent and respectful citizens. This is a tremendous job that must be shared with parents and families. The role of parents is a vital one in helping their child develop a positive attitude about school. Research shows that a nurturing, structured and consistent environment helps children to be successful. Here are a few helpful suggestions:
- Create a regular routine in the evening to set out uniforms, shoes, belt, school bag, etc. to help the morning start smooth.
- Adhere to a set bedtime routine and quiet time before bed.
- Wake up early so that all of the morning activities can be completed in a calm manner and children can be on time for the school.
- Model for children how to establish a quiet location to complete homework. Have pencils, paper and other necessary supplies readily available. Encourage children to complete homework tasks in some order of priority. (Sometimes, it is best to do the least favorite task first.)
- Help children to learn to use a planning calendar and notebook to keep track of weekly, monthly or large assignments and projects.
- After reading a book or an article, have a discussion with children to help them with comprehension. Ask your children to tell you what the story was about, why the story interested them and perhaps how it might relate to their own lives.
The 2018-2019 school year brings a fresh start and new beginnings for all of us. Our expectations are high, but our students will see success because of the support they receive at school, at home and in the community. The faculty and staff are available to assist you and your child in any way possible. I am committed to a leadership of continued excellence for Belle Chasse Elementary School. Please contact me if I can be of assistance to you and your family. I wish you a wonderful school year!
WE ARE BCE!
With much respect,
Mrs. Holly F. Eiswirth